The computer science discipline concerned with developing large applications. Software engineering covers not only the technical aspects of building software systems, but also management issues, such as directing programming teams, scheduling, and budgeting.
software engineering defines as:-
“A discipline whose aim is the production of quality software, software that is delivered on time, within budget, and that satisfies its requirements.”
As we all know that software engineering is all about software, so lets exactly what is software in brief.
What is Software? (software engineering)
Software is more than programs. Or we can also say that software is a collection of programs, documentation and operating procedures.
Programs are the code written by a programmer or anyone who has knowledge about programming languages. There are lots of different types of programming languages available in the market like c, c++, java, python, c#.net, etc. You can choose anyone programming languages to code programs.
Programs are used to perform different types of tasks, for example, a calculator program.
List of Documentation manuals
Documentation manuals are important parts of software engineering, documentation manuals are used by a software developer to easily develop their software and are also used by anyone who related to the software industry to understand the working of the software.
Documentation manuals contain:-
- Analysis and specification manuals like formal specification, context-diagram, data flow diagram.
- Design manuals like flow charts, entity-relationship diagrams.
- Implementation manuals like source code listing, cross-reference listing.
- Testing manuals like test data, test results.
List of Operating procedures
Operating procedures are the procedures manuals that are used by clients or anyone who wants to use the software in their system.
operating procedures contain:-
- User manuals like system overview, beginner’s guide tutorial, reference guide.
- Operational manuals like installation guide, system administration guide.
Comment you like or not our article on “What is software engineering”, and you can also visit our other article by click here.